The OSTRPT (Order Status Report Message) is, as the name suggests, a message that provides feedback about the status of an order.
Usually these messages are used by logistics service providers to report to clients that shipments are handled and whether there are any specific reports (like returns, damage, delivered more or less).
For the client this message could trigger the billing of the delivered products.
- Fast and automated feedback on delivery instructions to a logistics service provider;
- Recent and accurate information;
- Quick billing, with correct data and therefore without credit notes afterwards;
- Quick insight in current stock;
- Quick reply to errors or differences between order and delivery.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) is a standard for the -automated- exchange of data between the information systems of companies. Basically without any human intervention.
It is a form of "electronic business" which is especially used for frequent transactions.
If you already use a logistic or ERP application, it is required to purchase EDI tools in order to create "EDI messages" and to be able to communicate.
I would be happy to help you start, optimize or renew your processes and EDI interfaces.
Click here for more information about my EDI services.